A published anthology is one of the outcomes of the Young Writers Programme, encouraging creative writers to consider how to develop and edit their pieces for readers. Young Ambassadors’ Publishing project offers a next step, providing a taste of the publishing process, with project partners, Hachette UK, sharing insights into the various professional roles that contribute.
This project is a great opportunity for First Story alumnus who are interested in publishing as a career or looking to share their love of creative writing. Producing your own literary magazine at school can provide opportunities for students and staff beyond the First Story group to get involved, contributing their passions and skills.
Understanding the essentials
This series of downloadable information sheets and video resources provide an overview of everything you will need to consider and prepare:
Design and production of a literary zine
Once your team is onboard and roles are assigned, explore the skills and responsibilities of everyone involved and progress your plans:
- Watch Hachette’s video about how to publish a literary magazine
- Designing a literary magazine (for designers, editors, production and marketing )
- Producing a literary magazine (for editors, production and marketing)
Sharing your literary magazine
- Launch your project! – you may tie this to the Inspiring Young Leaders project
- Share with First Story. We’re here to help at every stage, please invite us to your launch and share your project using the form below to complete the publishing project.