We’re delighted you can take part in the Folio Mentorships scheme, which is a partnership between the Folio Prize and First Story (both registered charities).
To fully participate in and benefit from the programme, you must complete the consent form below, providing contact details and Intellectual Property (IP) consent.
If you are under the age of 18, your parent or carer will also need to read and give consent.
Thank you and we look forward to working together!
Student’s consent and acknowledgement
In return for our arranging for you to take part in our programme as a participant and by completing this online form, you agree and acknowledge as follows:
- You consent to taking part in the Folio Mentorship scheme. This will include at least three online meetings with your mentor. Where possible, this will also include physical meetings on the understanding that travel costs will be covered by the Folio Prize.
- You consent to liaising by e-mail with your mentor to share work and that all emails will copy Alice Frecknall, Programme Officer at First Story (firstname.lastname@example.org) to keep us informed of progress of the scheme.
- You consent to taking part in a public event related to the scheme in Spring or Summer 2024 (with the understanding that travel costs and any accommodation costs will be covered by the Folio Prize).
- You consent to being photographed, filmed and/or recorded by or for Folio Prize and/or First Story in connection with the scheme.
- You consent to be interviewed in connection with the work of First Story and/or Folio Prize to raise awareness of the benefits of creative writing in the media, such as in print publications, TV and radio programmes, online and mobile content.
Grant of rights
- The Folio Prize and/or First Story may use (and authorise the use of) your authorised contributions for all purposes that are consistent with our charitable status by any means. Accordingly, you:
- grant us a non-exclusive licence to use your contributions for those purposes;
- grant us every consent that may now or later be required by law for such use;
- accept that we shall credit you as a contributor, but only where reasonably practical; and
- accept that we may edit your contribution as appropriate for such use.
- You acknowledge that we shall use your personal details:
- for all purposes of delivering our programme;
- when conducting surveys of our programme (the responses to which we may cite in anonymised form in publications and funding applications); and
- for any other relevant purposes described in our privacy notice.
- You acknowledge that you have read that notice, which explains the personal data that we collect from you, and how, why and how long we process that information.
Please complete this form to confirm your agreement and consent.
An * below indicates a mandatory field.