First Story conduct focus groups and interviews with those who experience our programmes as part of our research and evaluation. This activity helps us to understand the impact of the programme for those involved and how we can improve and develop our offer.
What is involved?
The focus group or interview will depend on your involvement.
- With young people and programme alumni, we will explore varied experience. Young people will be asked to reflect on and share what they have been involved in and how they have responded.
- With teachers, feedback will encompass your personal experience and perceptions on wider impacts for the students and school.
You will have been told the format (interview/focus group and online/in person) and duration in your invitation.
We hope you will agree to share your experience and feedback. Participation is voluntary and all parties can choose not to participate without giving a reason.
Data storage and use
- Focus groups/interviews will be recorded and transcribed.
- We will analyse the transcript alongside others that we gather in order to feed into our final report.
- The recording and transcript will be stored securely and the names of participants will not be shared beyond the research team and its data processors, such as transcription services. When personal data is no longer required, it will be destroyed.
- Where we store data with a cloud provider, this may be outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- We may use quotes in our final report and other public outputs such as websites and blogs, but we will not use any names without prior consent (for example, any request for contributions to be shared as a public case study would involve further checks and approval) .
- We may share anonymised data with other researchers and archive this for future research. Confidentiality agreements will be required for any future access.
- If a young person tells us something which gives us concerns about their or others’ safety, or a criminal offence, we may need to disclose this information to someone who can help in accordance with our safeguarding policy.
- Participants can ask to see any identifiable personal data and/or ask for us to destroy this data at any time. Please contact email@example.com
When completing the form, you will be asked to acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms described in our privacy notice. This explains the personal data that we collect from you, and how, why and how long we process that information.
Please complete this form to confirm agreement and consent.
An * below indicates a mandatory field.
If you have any further questions about the evaluation pleased request these from the individual references in your invitation. We are happy to respond to any questions.